I want the women to adorn themselves… with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. (1 Tim. 2: 9,10)
The SPC Women's Ministry exists to support and encourage our church's mission to: KNOW and worship the Triune God, GROW in the covenant family of God as reformed disciples, and SHOW forth the love of Christ as servants and witnesses all for the glory of God.
It is our desire to create space for women in our congregation to connect with each other while equipping them to know God through His Word, participate in Sunday worship, bring courage to one another through fellowship events, and proclaim the excellencies of Christ who called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light in our homes and spheres of individual influence.
Smyrna Women’s Ministry is open to all women in the church and Smyrna community. We offer weekly and monthly Bible study options during the course of a year, along with regular fellowship opportunities.
Monthly Bible Study Groups
Our monthly Bible studies & fellowship groups are called Circles, and each group gathers from September through May:
- GENTLENESS Circle: meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm at a circle member's home
- FAITHFULNESS Circle: meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 10:00am in the church parlor. Childcare provided.
- JOY Circle: meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 7:00pm. Location TBD.
- KINDNESS Circle: meets the 1st Saturday of each month at 9:00am in the fellowship hall, with an option to participate via Zoom
For the 2021-2022 year, the Circles will go through Union with Christ by Sinclair Ferguson. Each Circle meeting will include a time of discussion and a video teaching from Ferguson himself. A limited number of books are provided.
Weekly Bible Study Groups
Our weekly Bible studies are offered in the fall and spring of each year.
- WOMEN OF THE WORD In-Person: typically meets on Tuesdays at 10:00am in the choir room.
- WOMEN OF THE WORD Virtual: typically meets on Tuesdays at 7:30pm via Zoom.
This fall, the Women of the Word study is ten weeks and will focus on ten Psalms. The provided workbook will be used to guide you through the reading of each psalm and the corresponding five days of homework.
For more information about the groups and their meetings, please call the church office at 770.435.2251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/2 10:00am Faithfulness Circle
12/2 7:00pm Joy Circle
12/4 9:00am Kindness Circle
12/6 6:30pm Women's Christmas Banquet
12/7 7:00pm Gentleness Circle
1/22-23 Women's Retreat