Our church leadership made the decision to resume in-person worship for the morning service, starting on Sunday, May 17. Then, on June 21, we resumed nursery for children ages 3 and under. While we are thankful for the opportunity to gather once again in corporate worship, measures are being taken to help protect the health and wellbeing of you and your family.
Entering and Leaving
- You may wear a mask upon entering and leaving the building, but they are not required. Masks are only required in our overflow room.
- The entrance doors will be propped open until all arrive
- The Narthex outside doors will be open for fresh air (weather permitting)
- Bathroom doors will be kept open.
- The Bulletins will be placed in the pews at your seat.
- You may wear a mask in the sanctuary, but they are not required.
- You and/or your family will be ushered down to the appropriate seating area upon arrival and you will be ushered out, as well.
- Parents are responsible for their children.
- The following images show what potential seating arrangements could look like:
We will use our Fellowship Hall as an overflow room if/when the sanctuary is filled. There will be a projector screen, speakers, and socially-distanced seating. The overflow space will be a “mask required” area for Sunday morning worship. This provides a place for those that would prefer this arrangement. Individuals/families are still more than welcome to wear a mask in the Sanctuary but it is not “required”.
Here is an example of how the room may be set up.
- All forms of livestreaming will continue during this time for those in the overflow room and those who are unable to attend.
- The offering plates will be placed on stands in the back at the end of the service so that people can leave their offering. All other modes of giving will still be acceptable (online, check by mail, etc.)
- A smaller choir, standing socially-distanced, will lead the musical portions of worship.
- At the end of the Worship Service, the ushers will dismiss one row at a time. There will be NO congregating inside the building but we want to encourage you to head outside if you would like to talk.
- We are taking every opportunity to make the nursery safe and sanitized for you and your children. The full SPC Nursery Reopening Process is outlined here.
- CDC and State Guidelines for Child Care
Preparations for Following Week
- The Sanctuary, all rooms, and all bathrooms will be sanitized before the next week.
For previous information concerning our response to COVID-19, you can read our updates.