Our church leadership made the decision to resume in-person worship for the morning service, starting on Sunday, May 17. Then, on June 21, we resumed nursery for children ages 3 and under. While we are thankful for the opportunity to gather once again in corporate worship, measures are being taken to help protect the health and wellbeing of you and your family.
Entering and Leaving
- The entrance doors will be propped open until all arrive
- The Narthex outside doors will be open for fresh air (weather permitting)
- Bathroom doors will be kept open.
- The hallways to the fellowship hall and nursery wing will be closed and off-limits.
- The Bulletins will be placed in the pews at your seat.
- You and/or your family will be ushered down to the appropriate seating area upon arrival and you will be ushered out, as well.
- Parents are responsible for their children.
- The following images show what potential seating arrangements could look like:
- All forms of livestreaming will continue during this time for those who are unable to attend.
- The offering plates will be placed on stands in the back at the end of the service so that people can leave their offering. All other modes of giving will still be acceptable (online, check by mail, etc.)
- There will be NO Sunday School.
- There will be NO Choir.
- There will be NO Nursery/Children’s Church. As a result, the classroom areas will be blocked off.
- There will be NO food services. The Fellowship Hall area will also be blocked off.
- At the end of the Worship Service, the ushers will dismiss one row at a time. There will be NO congregating inside the building but we want to encourage you to head outside if you would like to talk.
- We are taking every opportunity to make the nursery safe and sanitized for you and your children. The full SPC Nursery Reopening Process is outlined here.
- CDC and State Guidelines for Child Care
Preparations for Following Week
- The Sanctuary and Bathrooms will be sanitized before the next week.
For previous information concerning our response to COVID-19, you can read our updates.