Smyrna Presbyterian has programs for children from birth through 5th grade through the Nursery and Children's Ministries.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)
The purpose of the church nursery ministry at Smyrna Presbyterian is to provide a safe, clean, and welcoming atmosphere for the nursery age children of our members and guests, which supports the parents in the care and education of their children. Every week we have caring and qualified nursery staff that is ready to receive your children so that you may participate in worship and other church activities.
Upon arriving at SPC, one of our members would be delighted to show you to the nursery, and help you get your child checked in to our nursery ministry.
- The nursery is provided for infants and children up to 2-years-old during Sunday School.
- Infants and children up to 3-years-old are welcomed during Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Worship.
- Nursery is provided for children under 4-years-old during Wednesday night activities, starting at 6:30 PM.
We are grateful for each opportunity we are given to care for your children and teach them about the Savior who cares for and calls the little children to Himself.
“Bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Eph. 6:4)
At Smyrna we put a high priority on our responsibility to disciple our covenant children by instructing the mind and shepherding the heart of children with the Scriptures. It is our covenant obligation to come alongside parents in helping them with this important task of raising their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
Each week we have age-appropriate classes where your children will be taught their need for a Savior and how to respond to Christ in faith and obedience. In these classes they will meet many other like-aged children who are doing the same.
Our regular programs for children at SPC include:
- Sunday School - age 3-5th grade (Sunday, 9:45 AM)
- Children's Church - age 4-5th grade (Sunday, children are dismissed to class during 11:00 AM Worship)
- King’s Kids - age 4-5th grade (Wednesday, 6:30 PM)
All children must reach the minimum age required for Children's Church and King's Kids classes by the ministry's August promotion day in order to be admitted. However, if a child turns 3-years-old after promotion day, they can still move into their appropriate Sunday School class.
We also offer these programs annually:
- Vacation Bible School - K5-5th grade, WeeVBS for ages 3-4 (Every Summer)
- Communicants Class - (Offered Yearly)
Have your children join us for these times of instruction, fellowship, and fun!