An Update Regarding the Coronavirus [3.13.2020]
After conferring with the elders, the pastoral staff has made the decision to cancel all activities for the time being EXCEPT for Sunday morning worship (11:00 AM). This will be the practice until otherwise notified.
We believe this takes serious the consideration of our governing officials to limit exposure, but still maintains our priority of “not forsaking our assembling together” (Heb. 10:25). We will leave the decision to attend Sunday morning worship to everyone’s own discretion.
If you do attend, we want to assure you that we are taking every step to protect the health of our community. Here are some of the ways we are doing this:
- Our facility is receiving extra cleaning and disinfection.
- Our HVAC system is already equipped with CIMR® Infection Control Technology, which continuously disinfects viruses, bacteria, mold, and other fungi. This technology has been installed in hospitals and military facilities to combat this very problem.
- Coffee and donuts time between Sunday school and morning worship will be suspended for the foreseeable future. (Feel free to bring your own for yourself or kids, if so desired).
- We will change our collection and communion practice in the days to come to limit passing a common plate. More information will be given on this at the service.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will refrain from shaking hands or greeting others with hugs while at worship.
We encourage you to monitor your own health and to refrain from coming to worship if you have symptoms of illness. Also, remember that your personal care and hygiene not only impacts you but also your church community. Please be vigilant as a way to love your neighbors, particularly the elderly among us.
If you are unable to attend, our live stream will be available.
This Sunday morning’s sermon, “When Panic Ensues, What Do I Do?”, will address what we all have dealt with this week from God’s Word. Praying that the Lord will bring the comfort and conviction that we need at this time.
As always, your pastoral staff, elders, deacons, ministry leaders are here for you and would be pleased to help in whatever way possible over the next days and weeks. Please let us know how we can do so.
I will leave you with the Confession of Faith that we will confess this Sunday morning from Philippians 4:
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."
God bless you all!
More in Current Articles
March 15, 2021New Adult Sunday School Series Looks At Christian Life & Worldview
March 15, 2021How Do I 'Count It All Joy"?
December 10, 2020Crisis of Christmas: As Far as the Curse is Found